Who we work with
ServiceIQ is the voice of our industries when it comes to training and skills development.
We work closely with the aviation, travel, tourism, museums, hospitality, retail and wholesale sectors of New Zealand’s service industry.
The organisations we work with include:
- Industry Associations: Industry Associations represent the interests, issues and concerns of their members. We ensure industry association strategies, policies and regulations are at the heart of how we work.
- Sector Training Councils: are made up of representatives from workplaces (employers) and industry associations. These groups work closely with ServiceIQ to articulate the strategic education and training needs of their sectors in the short and long term. They help guide what qualifications will be developed, the training standards for their industries and sector skills development strategies.
- Industry Advisory Groups (IAGs): IAGs are formed by ServiceIQ as part of the process of developing and reviewing qualifications. IAGs are made up of people from within the industry who have significant experience and technical knowledge in the fields relevant to the qualifications being developed.
- Tertiary Education Commission (TEC): TEC is the government agency responsible for tertiary education, including industry training. TEC allocates Government funding to Industry Training Organisations (ITOs) including ServiceIQ to enable the implementation of industry training programmes. www.tec.govt.nz
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA): NZQA is responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF). The NZQF is designed to provide recognition and credit for a wide range of knowledge and skills. NZQA approves and registers all ServiceIQ qualifications as they are developed/reviewed and conducts quality audits of ServiceIQ’s work and processes. www.nzqa.govt.nz